How To Blend Styles In An Industrial Apartment
To achieve a cohesive appearance for your urban home when you mix industrial elements with items from other styles, follow a definite décor theme in a limited color scheme.
Industrial Modern Décor
If you jazz up a raw industrial attraction with a modern silkiness, you’ll get a perfect décor combination. Industrial design puts on display all the bare architectural details to attain an edgy look. A modern style shows the perfect beauty of every aesthetic element and tend to camouflagerefuse or hide rough, unfinished items.
Focus on the functional décor solutions to prevent fussiness and clutter and keep minimalist aesthetics. Geometric shapes and the clean lines of an open-concept modern industrial space bring pure simplicity to your homeuse arrangement.
As a result, modern industrial décor creates a unique design pattern. It strikes a balance between exposed beams, brick walls, and stylish lighting, and glossy appliances, refined furniture pieces, and a neutral color scheme.
Industrial Contemporary Interior Design
Both industrial and contemporary styles tend to be favoredpromote a tendency when people convert abandoned or old factories, warehouses, and barns to for the residential living in industrial contemporary apartments.
TheA principle form follows function is at the core of practical industrial design solutions. It means that the shape of architectural structures is dictated by their function. With a chic flair of creative details, your home achieves a magnificent look.
A tree stump coffee table, comfortable sofa with throw pillows, just one large green plant in the corner of the living room, in combination with large uncovered windows and a TV mounted on the brick wall looks great! Also, think about blending a few types of lighting:
- Industrial ceiling spotlights
- Metal pendant lights
- Contemporary track lighting
Industrial Chic Décor
To capture thetch an industrial chic appearance, opt for a smart combination of exposed beams and pipes, brick walls and modern furniture pieces, sleek, metal light fixtures, and creative décor accessories. It’s all about a practical design with worn textures and nature-inspired raw pieces. A chic flairmanner brings cozy vibes to the robust industrial homes.
With neutral hues, it’s easy to warm up industrial apartments. Such a color solution is an important element of industrial chic design. This means you’ll create a contrast between neutral-colored appliances, a kitchen island, cabinet, other furniture pieces and exposed brick walls and metal pipes. When a cooking area is filled with black and gray hues, it looks very elegantgracefully!
Industrial Loft Décor
When former industrial spaces were converted into urban apartments, thea loft style adapted industrial features to achieve a cohesive look. Architectural elements were left exposed, as opposed to other house styles which just covered them. It was thea boldest step of industrial design. Living in a loft apartment with high ceilings and walls, you keep an American architectural history alive. It is at the roots of the industrial design concept.
TheA textural interaction of a burnt-colored leather sofa, earthy wooden table, old-world chandelier with high-gloss steel or chrome accents, and smooth stainless-steel surfaces fits with a loft industrial apartment perfectly.
It’s a budget-friendly blending, because as a bonus, you’ll save the cost of covering all the exposed beams, pipes, and wires.
Industrial Farmhouse Décor
If you integrate modern industrial elements into a family-friendly country house, you’ll make your living more comfortable. Opt for using:
- Industrial hanging lighting
- Stainless-steel appliances
- Modern bar table and stools with metal legs
- Rough wooden shelves
Almost all the industrial elements are made of black or brushed silver metals, such as stainless and galvanized steel or brushed nickel.
Set aFind a limit toof kitsch with lifestyle accessories to keep an industrial farmhouse modern and inviting.
Rustic Industrial Décor
Almost all the rustic elements are the essentials of an industrial style. When you decorate your urban apartment, it’s better to:
- Leave ceiling beams bare
- Use natural materials, such as reclaimed wood, stone, original bricks, and clay
- Opt for natural fabrics including burlap, canvas, linen, and cotton
- Select rich and deep hues of neutral and earthy colors
- Consider muted light solutions
- IncorporatePlace worn, heavy furniture
- Give a fresh breath with lots of green plants
A rustic style adds a raw edge to masculine industrial interiors. These two styles have a strong coherence in their roots. In the endEventually, a rustic flair enhances significant industrial elements:
- Raw brick walls
- Large uncovered windows
- Exposed metal pipes
- Ceiling spotlights
Art Deco Industrial Design
For an elegant juxtaposition of industrial and Art Deco styles, showcase a glamour and elegance withof crafted luxury items inside your vital vigorous space. To provide chic light solutions, add a crystal chandelier to your industrial Art Deco apartment.
Art Deco features:
- Representing modern interiors with a chic fashion flair
- Stick with the bold geometry in exuberant shapes
- Useing luxury décor items
- Selecting rich color palettes
Choose “wear and tear” furniture pieces to emphasize thea robust character of your spacious interior. For instance, you could select an industrial black leather set of sofas, armchairs, and shelves and keep an inherent Art Deco symmetry inside your living room. Bear in mind that just one rustic table provides both industrial originality and taste for your urban space.
Scandinavian Industrial Interior Design
To includeget hygge inside an industrial apartment, opt for a harmonious combination of industrial architectural elements and Scandinavian décor items.
Prominent structural industrial elements are at the base of coherent design solutions:
- An open-concept plan with a loft flair
- Raw brick walls
- Large uncovered windows
When you consider Nordic design solutions to make your cold industrial apartment warmer, take into considerations importantsignificant Scandinavian features:
- A Scandi design concept is based on the Swedish lagom principle “Just the right amount” (“Lagom är bäst”)
- A minimalist principle “less is more” is at the core of furnishings solutions
- Both functionality and simplicity are the essential characteristics of Scandinavian interiors
- The best solution for ceilings is using wooden finish textures, such as lay-in panels and linear planks
- CelebrateA celebration of natural materials including wood, wicker, rattan, and seagrass
- Neutral colors, especially gray, blue, brown, and black hues
- Comfortable furniture pieces, such as an upholstered sofa with ornamented throw pillows, coffee table with a metal stand, and crocheted gray poufs
- For light solutions, a combination of floor and table lamps, pendant lights, track lighting (ceiling spotlights and cable lighting), and candlesticks bring warm vibes to any urban space
- Scandinavian rugs are made of natural materials, such as wool or cotton, in monochromatic hues or geometric prints
- Selecting elegant home accessories including candles, blankets, live plants, and creative wall art
All of these Scandi elements are easy to integrate into an industrial apartment. As a result, you’ll live in a balanced space where urban aesthetics meets Nordic coziness.
Also, think about applying both styles for the same décor pieces. For instance, you can buy industrial metal stools with Scandinavian conic legs, or paint an exposed brick wall in gray, instead of a red hue.
Vintage Industrial Interiors
Vintage industrial homes represent the agedness of both wood and metals with raw edges. Highlights:
- A balance between a 21st century aesthetic and old-fashioned sensibility
- Exposed wooden and metal brick walls, beams, wires, pipes, and ducts
- A utilitarian, minimalist approach
- A sleek, rough appearance
- A neutral color scheme filled with muted and rustic hues
- Ambient industrial light fixtures
- Strict, ultra-clean lines and geometric shapes
Vintage and industrial styles found an updated look with rough design touches. Robust and old-world items work well together, don’t they?
Bohemian Industrial Décor
With a boho twist it’s easy to animate an industrial home and make it welcoming. Choose bohemian bold-colored furniture pieces and accessories:
- A comfortable sofa with throw pillows
- An Oriental rug with geometric prints
- A sewing machine
- An antique typewriter
- Memorable statuettes
- Books with vintage worn covers
- Lots of green plants
Such athe connection of boho and industrial styles is a great way to make urban space brighter. The bohemian pieces fit well with significant industrial architectural and décor elements:
- Cold exposed beams, wires, and pipes
- Red brick or/and cement plaster walls
- Concrete flooring
- A blending of Thomas Edison lights and ceiling spotlights
When you live in an urban apartment without elegant and costly décor elements, it’s easy to accommodate a furry bundle of joy in your space and make your home pet-friendly. If consideringWhen you consider bright bohemians sofas, opt for a microfiber-covered modeltype. For floor coverings, select a low pile rug with an acceptable durability and stain -resistance.
Industrial Traditional Décor
Whether you like raw or warm kitchen styles, exposed wooden beams could be graceful enough to add an elegant rustic touch to any ceiling.
You could buy some industrial furniture pieces for your kitchen to increase the functionality of your cooking space. For instance, choose durable bar stools with iron legs. Attractive and functional, they fit with a kitchen island in the best way. To increase your comfort and lumbar support, select bar stools with backs.
Mixing industrial and traditional décor gives you a perfect opportunity to get the best of both worlds inside your home.
Industrial Transitional Décor
Even justJust one structural or décor element brings an industrial flair to a transitional home. For instance, an exposed metal pipe is a brilliant option for the main focal point of the entire room.
Beach Industrial Interiors
Industrial and coastal styles make a magnificent base for a contrast. It’s so cool to spruce up a rigid industrial appearance with bright beachy furniture pieces. Find a balance between the amount of industrial and beach features, because a limited amount of fewness of a coastal- style elements could looklooks strange in the industrial interiors.
To achieve a harmonious appearance of coastal industrial décor, blend industrial ceilings, brick walls, and metal pendant lighting with beachy furniture pieces, accessories, and pastels.